Sunday, August 9, 2009

Congratulations to everyone that entered and finished the Warrensburg Triathlon!!!! It was a very tough day...very hot and windy...conditions that I have not trained in much during our mild summer. It was a very well run event...athletes started showing up at 8 and you caould tell that several of the first timers where very nervous (i was one of them) After we all got our body ink we were ready to start. I was number 15 so that ment I was the 15th in the pool. Once I got in the pool I new I was in trouble...I was going to fast for me...my swim time was a full minute faster than any of my practice swims...that usually is not a problem but I still had to bike and swim...the wind killed me on the bike...plus I threw a chain and had to fix it...once I got the run I was gassed...I kept moving and finished in 1:36:09....It was the hardest thing I have ever done...My next triathlon will be in April in Emporia Kansas...can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment