Monday, July 6, 2009

First of all...let me tell you how much I hate running and biking past road kill. The skunks are the worst...racoons are also bad...is this way to much info?? Saturday was the Firecracker 5k, I did O.K...finished in 36 minutes and finished 2nd in my age group, I don't think anyone finished 3rd if you know what I mean. How come other out of shape people don't run in races. My mindset was differant on Saturday, usually I try to just finish but this time I was planning my stratagy...I was actually planning in my mind how I was going to catch the 75 year old guy in front of me and pass him late in the race...well that didn't happen...what was I thinking about...like I could actually catch someone and pass them...I have no closing speed. Today was a very good swim day...went 300 meters non-stop (maybe a couple of 15 seconds breaks to catch breath) and then went 300 more meters in 50 meter intervals. I can now do all 3 sports but the key is to put them all together. I also doubled up training today...13 miles on the bike this afternoon and then a 1/2 mile run. I am beat...might have to take a break tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment