Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It's hard to belive but the Warrensburg Triathlon is a week from Saturday...I have trained hard, I have done two-a-days...I have done brick training (swim to bike) and things have gone well. Today I did the full triathlon just to see if I could do it. I impressed myself....I did it. I wasn't fast but I completed the entire event without walking during the run. The hardest thing was the run...my hips were really sore at the one mile mark but that went away at about the two mile mark...it felt good that the training I did the past few months has paid off. Now the key will be to stay ready over the next week and a half. The course itself is not terrable but the end of the bike and run is straight up hill...the by the way really sucks. I guess I will just do some light work until the event. BTW...I will have a DQ Blizzard for lunch when this thing is over.....that will taste better than all the damn bugs I have eaten over the past two months....

No comments:

Post a Comment