Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Not only am I training for the Warrensburg Triathlon but the Firecracker 5k is on Saturday morning so i'm working that into my schedule. Training has been solid, I think....my bike rides are in the 12 to 15 mile range with lots of hills...I did a 12 mile route yesterday and needless to say my legs were VERY sore last night. Two years ago I ran in the Firecracker 5k...it was my first 5k and I managed to cruise it in 40 minutes (that sucks by the way) so sunday I did the same course to practice it for Saturday and I did it in 33 minutes (not to bad) and I even took a wrong turn. (how do you get lost in a 5k) Went swimming this morning...I really, really, really suck at swimming, however, I went 100 meters without stopping, and did my usual 50 meter at a time swim's for 30 minutes...so im looking at that as a positive. I'm starting to develop my strategy for the race, once I fine tune it I will post it here. I plan on running 3 to 4 miles tonight, we will see how that goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment