Sunday, June 14, 2009

Here it is Sunday and back to training for the Warrensburg Triathlon. Just to0 busy on Friday and Saturday...as I head down the streach I can't take back to back days off agian. Today was a run day and it was a good one. 3.8 miles in just over 46 minutes. Thats really a pretty fast time for me...I bought new running shorts last week and I truely think i'm faster when I wear them :). As you may remember the Warrensburg Triathlon is a 300 meter swim (yuk) 8 mile bike ride (yes I own a bike) and a 3 mile run. My theroy is to have a good base for each section. For example, I should be able to swim 400 meters, ride 15 miles and run 4 to 5 miles...if im right I better get my (big) ass in gear. The week ahead I hope will consist of two to three days of swim and two to three days of bike. I did get in the pool today but treading water and throwing my daughter in the air does not count as triathlon training. When I struggle with my training I always remember that I am raising money for a great cause and my goal is to finish without walking....check back on Monday for more great insight on my quest to run in a Triathlon. FYI....DO NOT EAT KASHI BLUEBERRY CEREAL BEFORE YOU RUN 4 MILES...TRUST ME.

1 comment: