Thursday, June 11, 2009

Happy Thursday everyone...well i've never blogged before but I thought this might be a good time to start. For those of you who don't know me my name is Greg Hassler, I am Co-Owner, Sports Director and General Manager of 1450 KOKO and 98.5 THEBAR KWKJ. In April it came to my attention that their was a charitable group called Connected Hearts who's sole purpose is to raise money for homeless kids in Warrensburg. (There website link is on our home page) I have a soft spot for kids and I don't think any child should go without basic need items. So my plan is to help Connected Hearts and bring attention to their cause was to compete in the Warrensburg Triathlon and raise money for their cause. Of course I could have done anything...but no, I had to pick a triathlon. The Warrensburg Triathlon is 300 meter swim, 8 mile bike and 3 mile run. Now that doesn't sound like much but to me it's ironman distance. I am going to keep track of my training on this blog and let everyone how things are going. So hopefully, I will be able to complete my goal and raise money for a good cause. I have been training over the past month and it's going O.K. Last night I went 3.3 miles in 40 minutes...it was VERY difficult. My problem will be the swim. I have three days scheduled for the swim next week. So far I have raised $140.00 for Connected Hearts and I have a goal of $500. Have a great day and check back often....

No comments:

Post a Comment