Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It has been HOT in the burg...temps in the upper 90's and heat index around 110 every day. I have been getting my training in but it has been tough. On Sunday I hammered out a ten mile bike ride then tried to run afterwards...very tough to make your body go from one movment to another. On Monday I ran in the evening...still hot and humid and could only go a couple of miles...it's amazing how the heat can limit a workout. Hit the pool yesterday...gonna have a problem there I can already tell. I swam about 500 meters but not non-stop which is kinda the goal. I plan on swimming Thursday and Friday morning and I am looking forward to great progress...if not I will without question be the last one out of the pool on race day. Due to the crappy weather I decided to run this morning and what a differance it made. I rolled 4 miles in 49 minutes...the great thing is I could of gone farther...I had 4.5 or 5 miles in me. I can't move now because i'm sore but what the heck. I think i'm gonna run in the firecracker 5K on the fourth...I ran in that 2 years ago and finished preatty much last...my goal is to finish 2nd to last this year...well maybe a little better thatn that. Hope everyone has a grat day and it's off to the pool tomorrow....

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! The weather should be friendlier this week for your workouts. Dan and I will look forward to seeing you at the run on the 4th!

    ReplyDelete